A Caregiver’s Resolve
-Roy Lessin, Prayers and Promises for Caregivers
By God’s grace and the strength that the Holy Spirit supplies, I resolve:
- To look upon this time as a caregiver, whether short or long, as God’s appointment.
- To consider it an honor to be the extension of His love to someone in need.
- To do what I do from a thankful heart, with all my heart, as unto to the Lord.
- To be quick to extend forgiveness to others, and to guard my heart against bitterness or resentment.
- To maintain a quiet spirit that trusts God fully.
- To seek those times, whenever possible, to take breaks, be refreshed, and “come aside to rest awhile.”
- To choose joy, and not lose the gift of laughter.
- To seek God’s strength in my weakness, to receive His mercies when I have fallen short, to draw upon His grace in my inadequacy, to receive His refreshing when I have grown weary, and to keep the eyes of faith upon Him in all I do.